- 2 c. sifted enriched flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. soda
- 1 c. Hawaiian cane sugar
- 1/2 c. shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. mashed bananas
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. chopped macadamia nuts
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, soda and sugar into bowl. Add shortening, eggs and 1/2 c. bananas.
- Stir to combine ingredients, then beat 2 minutes at medium speed on electric mixer or 300 strokes by hand.
- Add remaining bananas and lemon juice. Beat 2 minutes more. Fold in 3/4 c. nuts.
- Pour into greased, lined loaf pan, 8 1/2 x 4 1/2. Sprinkle 1/4 c. nuts over top of batter.
- Bake in moderate (350 degree) oven for 1 hour.