Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Holiday Cookies
Whip out some perfect Christmas cookies for Santa Claus with your children. Food blogger Jenna Weber explains why these are quick Christmas cookies in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
Yield: about 3 dozen cookies
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- For Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk (or enough to form a thick, thick glaze)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream together the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until just blended.
- In another bowl, sift the cocoa into the flour. Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined and a soft dough forms.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to ¼” thick. Cut out cookies with holiday cutters and place on a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes then cool on wired racks.
- To make icing, mix together the powdered sugar and milk until desired thick consistency is met. Spread icing over cooled cookies and decorate with sprinkles!