Deep Poached Arctic Char & Gulf Pink Shrimp
Arctic char has a rich taste with combined flavor notes of trout and salmon. The deep poaching method is seldom used but is a great, healthy way to prepare fish!
- 12 ounces Arctic Char fillet
- 4 ounces (15 pieces) Florida Pink Shrimp
- 5 quarts water
- 1 cup vinegar cider
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 pound yellow onion sliced
- 8 ounces leeks sliced
- 8 ounces carrots sliced
- 8 ounces celery sliced
- 8 ounces parsnip sliced
- 2 each thyme sprigs
- 6 each parsley stems
- 2 each dill stems
- 2 each tarragon stems
- 3 each bay leaf
- 10 each black peppercorns
- 3 each whole clove
- Clean and cut Char into Tranche. Season and tie into a medallion.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Combine the remaining ingredients in a large 4-inch deep pot.
- Bring the mixture to between 150 and 185 degrees.
- Submerge the fish fillet in the court bouillon and poach 9 minutes.
- Add shrimp and continue to poach for 3 more minutes, remove the fish and drain, blot lightly.