Recipe by Ming Tsai of The Daily Dish. Meatloaf. Not as easy as you think. When I first tried to make it as a kid, it came out of the oven like a brick. Here's a recipe to ensure that never happens to yours.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sambal
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 large onions cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Wanjashan organic soy sauce
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Wanjashan organic Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup panko
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Canola oil/cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil a 1 1/2-quart loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper or use a meatloaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons Dijon and 1 tablespoon of sambal and set aside.
- In a large nonreactive bowl, combine the ground turkey and pork. Add the onions, garlic, the remaining 1/4 cup of sambal, soy sauce, eggs, Worcestershire sauce and panko. Season with salt and pepper and, using your hand, mix well.
- Fill the pan with the mixture, and bake until cooked through, about 1hour and 15 minutes.
- Unmold, slice, and serve with the sambal mixture on the side as a condiment.