Double Chocolate Brownies
The temptation is always to cut them too soon, but if you do, they’ll completely fall apart and you’ll be left with a big brownie mess. Give it patience. The chocolate chips need a chance to solidify again.
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 (12-ounce) packages semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter with the sugar and water. Bring just to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in one package of chocolate chips and the vanilla extract. Whisk in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Slowly blend in the flour mixture, and then add the remaining package of chocolate chips and the chopped nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 × 13-inch pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Be careful not to overbake; make sure that your toothpick is coated with uncooked batter and not melted chocolate chips if you continue to bake longer. Let cool at least 2 hours before serving.