- 1 lb. Dungeness crabmeat (or jumbo lump crabmeat)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 3/4 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 TB butter
- 1/2 lb. unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 TB water
- Pinch of salt
- Pick over crabmeat to remove shells but leave meat as whole as possible. Combine crab, parsley, scallions and bread crumbs.
- Mix together eggs, milk, worcestershire, cayenne, salt and pepper. Pour over crab mixture. Mix gently to blend, trying not to break up the crabmeat.
- Shape into small round cakes, about 2 inches in diameter. Saute in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and warmed through. Serve with sauce.
- Put lemon juice, water and salt into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the butter all at once, whisking constantly until butter has melted and sauce is smooth. Adjust seasonings.
Tips/TechniquesNOTE: Do not make ahead of time or the sauce will separate.