- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons loose Earl Grey tea leaves crushed, or 1 1/2 tablespoons from tea bags (about 5 bags)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla. In a separate bowl, blend flour, tea and salt. Add half of flour mixture to butter mixture and stir together. Add remaining flour mixture and mix together until just combined.
- Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap. Roll into a firm log about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Seal with plastic, twisting both ends tightly, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment.
- Slice the cookies into 1/3-inch thick rounds and place on the parchment at least 2 inches apart. Bake about 14 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. These are best served freshly baked.