Easy Blueberry Cobbler
This easy blueberry cobbler is from Cook's Country.
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups (6 ounces) self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10 ounces (2 cups) blueberry
- 1/4 cup (1 3/4 ounces) sugar
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Whisk condensed milk, flour, milk, and melted butter together in bowl. Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle blueberries and sugar evenly over surface.
- Bake until deep golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer cobbler to wire rack; let cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Tips/TechniquesTo make this an easy recipe, we replaced four standard ingredients—flour, salt, baking soda, and some of the sugar—with self-rising flour and sweetened condensed milk, allowing for minimal prep time. A final sprinkling of sugar gave the finished cobbler a gorgeous browned crust.
Serve with vanilla ice cream.