Easy Cauliflower Coconut Bisque
This easy cauliflower bisque recipe has subtle notes of coconut. Food blogger Jenna Weber explains how to attain a smooth texture in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 4 cups chopped florets), chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- scant ¾ tsp salt
- fresh rosemary for serving (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a medium sized saucepot over medium high heat. When hot, add the diced onion and sauté for about eight minutes, until golden around the edges.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and the chicken broth. The broth should just barely cover the cauliflower.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until cauliflower is incredibly tender. Then, carefully transfer to a blender (or, alternatively use a hand held immersion blender here) and process until completely smooth. Transfer soup back to the original cooking pot and stir in the coconut milk, coriander and salt. Adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of rosemary if desired.