Easy Chicken Saltimbocca
The dish is very light in fat and calories and big on flavor and nutrition. Looks lovely when served family-style on a decorative platter, along with a nice basket of rustic breads.
- 1 skinless boneless chicken breast, well trimmed and pounded flat to about 1/4 inch or slightly thicker
- 1 slice prosciutto trimmed of any fat
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1-2 fresh sage leaves
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3-4 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high until hot. Add oil, distribute and wait 30 seconds. While the pan is heating, sprinkle each chicken breast with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Place the sage leaves in the center of each chicken breast and then wrap the entire breast in prosciutto, covering the sage leaves.
- When the pan and oil are hot (but not smoking), add chicken breasts, with the prosciutto seam down. Saute until browned and flip over, repeating on the other side, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from pan, and keep warm. Add minced garlic to pan, and saute 1 minute. Add spinach, tossing to wilt. Stir in lemon juice and sprinkle with a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place spinach on a plate, topped with the chicken.