Easy Italian Cheesecake Recipe
Made with cottage cheese and Greek yogurt, this cheesecake is rich, dense, and creamy with less calories and fat than traditional cheesecake.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 45 Minutes
Total time: 55 Minutes
- 1 ½ cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 cups low-fat 2% cottage cheese
- 2 cups non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- Zest from one lemon
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Crust: Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray. Bake for 8 minutes in a 350 degrees F. preheated oven. Allow the crust to cool on the counter while making the cheesecake filling.
- Cheesecake: Add the cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, and sugar to a blender or food processor. Blend or pulsate until the filling is smooth like cake batter. Add the flour, zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Blend again until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the prepared dish and bake for 60 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake is not jiggly. Carefully touch the center of the cheesecake. The texture should feel soft but firm to touch. If the center feels like liquid, continue to cook the cheesecake for 10 more minutes and check again.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool completely on the counter and refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight before serving.