Try this easy paella recipe from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food.
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Total time: 50 Minutes
Yield: Serves 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 lbs. peeled and de-veined medium shrimp
- 1 package chicken sausage (12 ounces), sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 2 cans reduced-sodium chicken broth (14.5 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup frozen green peas thawed
- In a heavy 12-inch sauté ; pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp until just pink on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes (do not overcook). Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil and sausage to pan; cook over medium high heat until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and rice; cook, stirring to coat, until rice is translucent, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in paprika, turmeric, tomatoes, and broth, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed almost all liquid, 20 to 25 minutes. Stir in peas; cook 1 minute. Stir in cooked shrimp; serve immediately.