Egg Muffin Sandwiches
A quick and easy egg muffin sandwich recipe for delicious breakfast on the go!
Prep time: 4 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Minute
Total time: 5 Minutes
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1-2 tablespoons shredded cheese (your choice of cheese)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- other optional ingredients: spinach, tomato slices, Canadian bacon, ham, sausage, and regular or turkey bacon
- Crack an egg into a microwave-safe container which is similar in size to the English muffin - coffee mugs work great. Add water and beat the egg until well mixed. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the egg mixture.
- Place container in the microwave and cook for 35-40 seconds until all the liquid is cooked off.
- While the egg is cooking, spread mayonnaise on each half of the English muffin as well as Dijon mustard to one side. When the egg is ready, place it on top of the bread and top it off with the other half of the bread. The egg will be hot so be careful not to bite into it too quickly. Enjoy!