Egg Salad Sandwich
Sandwiches are great comfort foods and this recipe for an egg salad sandwich takes the classic to a whole new level. Large slices of avocado and a drizzle of hot sauce complement the egg salad and give this sandwich a more sophisticated flavor. Jenna Weber shares her favorite Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- 1 tbsp real mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- bread & butter pickle slices
- hot sauce (optional)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- Place the eggs in a large pot of salted cold water. Bring water and eggs to a boil on the stove. Once boiling, immediately cover pot, turn off heat and set a timer for 12 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, quickly remove eggs from pot and run under cold water. Peel eggs and place hard boiled eggs in a bowl with the mayonnaise, salt, pepper and dry mustard.
- Smash eggs with a fork and mix until well combined.
- Toast bread, then place egg salad on one slice. Top with avocado slices, bread and butter pickles, lettuce and hot sauce if you wish! Top with other slice of toast and enjoy.