Egg Salad Tartine
Enjoy this egg salad tartine with a balance of lots of flavors- pickled, spiced and texturized. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise of choice
- 1 tablespoon pepperoncini brine
- 1 tablespoon pepperoncini diced
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- 1 rib of celery, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- To boil eggs (this is my favorite way): In a medium pot, fill it with water (so that it’ll cover the eggs completely). Place it over high heat and when the water comes to a gentle boil, carefully add the eggs. Set a timer for 10 minutes. This will give you a bright egg yolks that is a little jammy but not too runny. Run under cold water and peel. Slice in half and then dice. Transfer to a bowl.
- To assemble: To the bowl with the diced boiled egg, add the mayo, pepperoncini brine, pepperoncini, minced Italian parsley, celery, red onion, paprika, a few pinches of salt and pepper. Mix together and give it a taste; adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Spoon over a few pieces of toasted bread.