Egg White Omelet with Goat Cheese
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 10 Minutes
Yield: Serves 1
- 4 egg whites
- coarse salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon crumbled goat cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared salsa
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1/2 cup egg whites (from about 4 eggs) with 1 tablespoon water; season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add egg whites to skillet; cook until nearly set, using a flexible heatproof spatula to repeatedly pull in sides of omelet to allow uncooked egg to run underneath, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 heaping tablespoon crumbled goat cheese and 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared salsa over the top.
- Gently slide omelet onto serving plate, folding it over by tipping skillet slightly.