Eggplant, Tomato and Chickpea Stew
Try out this recipe for eggplant, tomato, and chickpea stew from The Chef's Wife.
- 2 each eggplant cut into 1 inch cubes
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 pound tomatoes skinned and chopped
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Pomegranate molasses
- 14 ounce chick peas
- 2 tablespoons Flat leaf parsley chopped
- Pan fry the eggplant cubes till golden, place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- In a saucepan, heat the garlic in olive oil for seconds only, until it changes color, then add tomatoes and squash them gently.
- Add sugar, salt and black pepper, cook for 15 minutes. Add pomegranate molasses, add the eggplant and chickpeas and simmer for 20 minutes or until eggplant is soft. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.