Create a visually stunning breakfast tower with alternating layers of texture, topped with caviar.
(Recipe Courtesy: Marc Matsumoto from the Fresh Tastes Blog)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 a lemon zested
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 English muffins
- 4 poached eggs
- 100 grams smoked salmon
- chives, for garnish
- salmon caviar, for garnish
- To make the hollandaise, microwave the butter on low power until it's melted and hot, but don't let it boil. You may need to start and stop it a few times.
- Add the egg yolk and use an immersion blender to emulsify it with the melted butter.
- With the immersion blender running, drizzle in the boiling water in a steady stream. Blend in the lemon zest, lemon juice and salt to finish.
- Make the poached eggs, and split and toast the English muffins.
- Split the smoked salmon between the 4 pieces of English muffin. Top with one poached egg each, and then drizzle the hollandaise sauce on top.
- Garnish with chives and salmon caviar and serve immediately.