Lidia Bastianich celebrates Philippine independence and learns about Filipino food and culture in Lidia Celebrates America: Freedom & Independence on PBS. This recipe is provided by Melba Tan.
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup (6 slices) finely chopped sweet or cooked ham
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup sweet pickle relish
- ¼ cup raisins
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- A dash of liquid seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Slices of hard-cooked eggs
- Slices of Vienna sausage
- Mix everything and shape into a roll.
- Steam for at least 1 hour, and serve warm or cold.