English Pea Salad
Recipe by Stephanie Lucianovic
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 4-5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups shelled English peas
- Three heads of Belgian endive bruised leaves removed
- 2 bunches small-leaved watercress about 1 lb
- Pecorino Romano
- Whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, and olive oil together. Add salt and pepper and taste. Adjust seasonings to your preference. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Fill a large, heavy-bottomed pot with cold water and bring to a rolling boil. Add the shelled peas and cook for about 45 seconds. Plunge the cooked peas in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Slice the endive at an angle and put the slivers in a large bowl. Add the watercress and drained peas and toss with the vinaigrette until glistening.
- Serve the salad on individual plates and shave the Pecorino Romano over each portion. Use as much cheese as you like.