Combine autumn ingredients for a breakfast bowl of Fall granola. (Recipe Courtesy: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes blog)
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of cardamom
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds, chopped
- 1 cup freeze-dried apples, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. In a small saucepan, set over medium heat, add the coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom; mix until melted and combined.
- To a large bowl, add the rolled oats. Next, pour the coconut oil mixture atop the oats and mix until thoroughly coated. Add the walnuts and pumpkin seeds and toss. Transfer the granola to a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes. At the 15-minute mark, give the granola a stir and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely. When cooled, add the dried apples and raisins and toss once more. Serve with milk of choice or yogurt.