Farfalle, Green Beans and Pesto
Some like it hot, as in farfalle with green beans and hot red pepper pesto. Having the pesto on hand makes this sauce fast and spicy. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Farfalle, Green Beans and Pesto at CiaoItalia.com!
- 1 pound green beans, stemmed and cut into thirds
- 1 pound farfalle
- 1 tablespoon cooking water
- 2 tablespoons hot red pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese, plus additional to sprinkle
- 1/2 cup diced Prosciutto di Parma, crisped in a skillet
- Fill a pasta pot with insert with water. Add1 tablespoon salt and bring to a boil; add the beans and cook until al dente. Drain and put beans in a bowl. In same pot cook the farfalle until al dente.Drain, reserving one tablespoon of the cooking water.
- Return the farfalle to the pot with the beans, reserved water, olive oil and pesto. Stir well over low heat until the ingredients are well mixed. Add the cheese stir well. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle the crisped prosciutto over the top.Serve hot. Garnish with whole roasted hot red peppers and basil leaves,if desired.