Farro, Tomato and Chickpea Salad
Jenna Weber from Eat, Live, Run introduces her newfound love for farro into this simple salad of tomatoes and chickpeas. See the full post at the Fresh Tastes blog.
- ½ cup dry farro
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cook the farro in boiling salted water for about 8 minutes, or until el dente. Drain and run over with cold water.
- Place cooked farro in a large mixing bowl with chickpeas, grape tomatoes and feta cheese. Toss to combine. In another small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and salt. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.