Fast & Easy Granola
Fizzy’s Tip: To make a nut-free version of the granola substitute 1/4 cup of raw, shelled pumpkin seeds for the almonds. Dried cranberries, chopped dates or apricots, or currants can be used in place of the raisins.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; once hot, add the oil. Add the oats, almonds, quinoa, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds and cook, stirring frequently, until toasted and golden in color, about 10 minutes. Add the coconut and toast for 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, vanilla, and salt in a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to loosen. Add the honey to the granola mixture and cook until the honey is absorbed and the mixture turns a shade darker, about 2 minutes. Transfer the granola to a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread in an even layer, and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Break the granola into bite-size pieces, and toss with the raisins. Serve.