Fettuccine with Heirloom Tomatoes, Fresh Basil, Ricotta Cheese, and Parmesan
When tomatoes are in season, this is a great way to capture their flavor in a warm meal without cooking the fresh flavor and plumpness out of them. Recipe by Denise Santoro Lincoln
- Half a batch of freshly prepared and cooked fettuccini
- 1 -2 pounds of heirloom tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Add the cooked pasta to a large bowl, adding enough olive oil to thinly coat the noodles.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, ricotta cheese and Parmesan and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired (I find that the Parmesan often adds enough saltiness to the dish, but you may need more).
- Serve and enjoy.