- 1 lb. skinless flounder fillets cut into 1 1/2-inch strips, and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (8 ounce) baguette cut in half horizontally, and hollowed out slightly
- Sliced tomatoes
- 4 anchovy fillets rinsed and minced
- 1 large head romaine lettuce (1 1/2 pounds) cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped gerkins (or pickles)
- Hot sauce such as Tabasco, if desired
- Fish Po' Boys: Place fish in a medium bowl. Add cornmeal; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Brown fish (work in batches if needed) on both sides, 7 to 10 minutes (turn fish carefully). Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate; season with more salt, as desired.
- Spread both halves of baguette with tartar sauce, and layer with lettuce, tomatoes, and fish. Cut into 4 pieces.
- Spicy Tartar Sauce: In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, chili sauce, parsley, mustard, and gerkins. Season with hot sauce. Sauce can be refrigerated, covered, 2 to 3 days.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 387 calories; 19 grams fat; 24.9 grams protein; 25.7 grams carbohydrates; 1.1 grams fiber