- 1- 1/2 lb. flank steak
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley stemmed (about 4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Generously season both sides of flank steak with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook steak 5 to 8 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest, covered, 10 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a food processor, pulse garlic until finely chopped. Add parsley, oregano, vinegar, pepper flakes, 1/4 cup oil, 2 tablespoons water, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pulse until herbs are finely chopped. Serve with steak.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 473 calories; 33.6 grams fat; 35.7 grams protein; 7.1 grams carbohydrates; 3.5 grams fiber