- 1- 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 to 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 flounder fillet (5 to 6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Tomato-onion ragout: In a 10-inch skillet, heat ½ teaspoon oil over medium. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until light browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly collapsed, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add vinegar; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove to a bowl; cover and keep warm.
- Flounder: Wipe skillet clean with paper towels. Place 1 teaspoon oil in pan, and heat over medium-high. Season fish with salt and pepper; place in skillet. Cook, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- With a wide metal spatula, carefully turn fish over; cook until opague throughout, about 1 minute. Transfer fish to a dinner plate. Spoon tomato-onion ragout over fish; serve with couscous or rice, if desired. Sprinkle parsley over top.
Nutrition InfoPer Serving: 234 calories; 8.9 grams fat; 30.5 grams protein; 7.2 grams carbohydrates; 1.5 gram fiber.