Flourless Chocolate Cake
Try this recipe for flourless chocolate cake from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food with eggs, butter, chocolate, & sugar.
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Yield: Serves 10
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or 8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate)
- 6 large egg whites
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees, with rack in center. Butter a 9-inch spring form pan. Place butter and chocolate in large bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until melted; cool slightly. Whisk in yolks.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add granulated sugar; beat until stiff and glossy. Whisk 1/4 of whites into chocolate mixture; gently fold mixture into remaining whites.
- Pour into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until cake pulls away from sides of pan and is just set in center, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve dusted with confectioners' sugar.