Fontina and Sweet Pepper Salad
This salad shows the French influence in the Piedmont with the use of Dijon mustard. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make Fontina and Sweet Pepper Salad at CiaoItalia.com!
- 6 yellow sweet peppers, cut in half and seeded
- 1 pound Fontina cheese, diced
- 1 cup green olives, pitted, Cerignola preferred
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil or walnut oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Bake the pepper halves until the skins blacken.Cool. Peel away the skins and cut the pepper pieces into thin strips.
- Place strips in a shallow bowl with the cheese and olives.Mix lightly. Set aside.
- Combine the oil,mustard, salt and pepper and whisk well.Slowly whisk in the cream. Pour over the salad and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.