Fresh Blueberry Muffins
Recipe by Denise Santoro Lincoln
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Oil your muffin pan or set in paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar into the eggs and mix in the sour cream, vegetable oil and milk.
- Add in the blueberries.
- Incorporate the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and gently stir, being sure not to over mix the flour.
- Divide the batter into the muffin pan. I like to spoon out the batter using an ice cream scoop.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes (depending on whether or not you have a convection oven and how hot your oven runs).
- When you can cleanly run a toothpick through the middle muffin, pull them out and left them cool for few minutes before diving in.