- 2 cups masa flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup oil grape seed or corn
- 1/2 cup corn kernels raw
- 2 teaspoons salt to taste
- Mix water, oil, and masa flour with corn kernels and 2 teaspoons salt. Mix together to make a pliable dough that does not stick to your hand.
- Divide dough into balls a little larger than a golf ball and place between two large sheets of plastic wrap. Use a large sauté pan to press the tortilla to the thickness of the corn kernels.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Drizzle a small amount of oil onto the tortilla and into the skillet. Spread it with a piece of paper towel to coat the pan evenly. Place the tortilla in the hot skillet oil side down. Cook for a couple of minutes until it begins to form air bubbles or turns lightly browned. Turn the tortilla over and finish cooking. Remove to plate and set aside.
Tips/TechniquesThis segment appears in show #3204.
Recipe courtesy of Michel Nischan
© 2007 Michel Nischan