Recipe courtesy of AUNI, the Agaston Urban Nutrition Initiative
When Michele Obama challenged American schools to create healthy cafeteria recipes for a national competition, many Philadelphians sprang into action. WHYY Friday Arts chronicles the coming together of numerous forces, including chef Daniel McLaughlin, the non-profit AUNI, the Agatston Urban Nutrition Initiative, and the Philly children and teens who participate in AUNI's cooking clubs, to create a delicious and healthy menu that any school would be proud to serve.
Photo Credit: Flickr
- 2 cups tomatoes – chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper – chopped
- 1/4 cup onion – diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro – minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno – chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chop everything. Stir the tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Serve.