Frosty Apple Cider Drinks
This blended beverage of apple cider, vanilla ice cream, cinnamon and nutmeg is a perfect end to a long day of pumpkin picking.
Source: <a href="http://urbanext.illinois.edu/apples/recipes.htmlUniversity of Illinois Extension
- 1 pint low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1 quart apple cider
- cinnamon nutmeg or apple pie spice mix, if desired
- Let a pint of vanilla ice cream soften at room temperature (about 20 minutes) or microwave for 20 seconds.
- Put ice cream and cider in a blender or food proces- sor and blend until frothy and well mixed.
- Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg or apple pie spice mix, if desired or use as a garnish after drink is poured into glasses.
Nutrition Info(Each serving provides 174 calories, 49 calories from fat, 5.5 grams fat, 3.3 grams saturated fat, 21 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 31 grams carbohydrates, less than 1 gram fiber, 28 grams sugar, 2 grams protein)