Fruit & Yogurt Parfait Cones
Source: Cornell Cooperative Extension, Schenectady County
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced peaches
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 cups vanilla, non-fat yogurt
- Topping (see directions)
- 4 ice cream cones
- Combine fruits. Spoon 1/4 cup yogurt into each cone. Spoon 1/4 cup fruit mixture on top of yogurt, then 1/4 cup yogurt, then 1/4 cup fruit.
- Sprinkle lightly with your favorite topping (chopped nuts, granola, crushed vanilla wafers, or graham crackers, jimmies or sprinkles.)
- Options: Create a variety of flavors by using different combinations of fruits (fresh, frozen or canned), low-fat yogurt (plain, vanilla or lemon) and toppings.
Nutrition InfoEach cone provides 120 calories, .5 gram fat, 5 calories from fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 23 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 15 grams sugars, 5 grams protein