Fusilli Con Le Cime Di Rapa
Substitute Fusilli for the traditional Orecchiette in this recipe from food blogger Marc Matsumoto of the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 175 grams (6.2 ounces) rapini (broccoli rabe)
- 160 grams (5.6 ounces) fusilli
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 red chili pepper (peperoncino)
- 2 large anchovy fillets
- Remove any tough leaves from the rapini and trim the tough ends off.
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil. Boil the fusilli according to the package directions, but about 3 minutes before it's done, add the rapini so that they finish together.
- About a minute before the pasta is done, heat a large saute pan over medium high heat and add the olive oil, garlic, chili pepper and anchovy fillets. Fry, breaking up the anchovy until it dissolves into the oil.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and quickly transfer the rapini to a cutting board. Chop the rapini up into relatively small pieces.
- Add the rapini into the pan with the garlic and quickly saute before adding the pasta and tossing to coat evenly.
- If your pasta water was salted sufficiently you shouldn't need to add any salt, but give it a taste and adjust accordingly.