Gambas Al Ajillo (Garlic Shrimp)
Learn how easy it is to cook authentic Spanish tapas with Marc Matsumoto's recipe for Gambas Al Ajillo (shrimp cooked with garlic) in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 50 grams elephant garlic, roughly chopped (1.75 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon pimentón
- 450 grams shrimp, peeled and deveined (1 pound)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley to garnish
- Put your oven rack in the middle position and heat to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- Add the oil and garlic to a cast iron pan and heat over medium high heat. Fry the garlic until it just starts to turn brown around the edges. Add the pimentón, and stir to combine.
- Add the shrimp in a single layer, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Put the pan in the oven and cook until the shrimp is pink and opaque all the way through (about 2-3 minutes).
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with the parsley. Toss the shrimp to coat with the oil and serve with bread.