Food blogger Marc Matsumoto shares his tips for making quick garlic bread that is healthier than the packaged versions in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 1 baguette
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 large cloves of garlic, grated (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Add the butter, olive oil, garlic, and salt to a small bowl and use a fork to mash all the ingredients together.
- Once the mixture resembles mayonnaise, stir in the minced parsley.
- Cut the baguette in half lengthwise, then split piece down the middle as if you’re going to make a sandwich.
- Spread the garlic mixture onto the bread and toast in a toaster oven, or in a regular oven set to broil.