This garlicky variation on classic Japanese edamame from Marc Matsumoto of the Fresh Tastes blog will leave you licking your fingers.
- 1 package frozen edamame (13 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 8 grams garlic, grated (about 1 large clove)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, whisk the sesame oil, grated garlic, and black pepper together.
- Some edamame are precooked and can be heated in the microwave, others need to be boiled. Follow the directions on the package to reheat/cook your edamame.
- Make sure your edamame is well drained and then dump them into the bowl with the garlic mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the salt over the edamame and toss again until the salt is evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately.
Tips/TechniquesIf you like your food spicy, try adding a squirt of your favorite Asian hot sauce to the garlic mixture before tossing it with the edamame.