- 15-20 mussels
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbl. finely chopped basil
- 2 lemon wedges
- In a large skillet with fitted cover, melt butter over a medium heat.
- When fully melted add mussels, water, white wine, scallions, garlic, basil, and the juice from lemon wedges.
- Cover and let cook over medium heat for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- The mussels will open up. If a mussel does not open, discard.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a large bowl with any crispy bread chips; our customers love to dip pita chips in the rich broth.
Tips/TechniquesWhen selecting mussels, be sure that none of them are open prior to cooking.