Take a head of garlic and cut the top off (pointed side). Put the garlic into a roasting pan with some water on the bottom of the pan. Cover with foil. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- 1 quart of chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 15 gloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 ounces of freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- Combine the stock, bay leaf, herbs, peeled garlic, and roasted garlic in a sauce pan.
- Cook, covered, at a gentle boil, for 40 minutes, puree the soup, then strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Return the strained soup to the sauce pan over low heat.
- Combine the egg, yolks, cheese and heavy cream in a mixing bowl and whisk until creamy.
- Slowly whisk this mixture into the soup and heat slowly until soup thickens, season with salt and pepper, then serve in warm bowls.