Garlicky Spinach Mashed Cauliflower
This mashed cauliflower recipe makes it easy to eat healthy and includes an extra serving of veggies too. Food blogger Jenna Weber shares her cauliflower recommendations for what dishes pair well with this recipe in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped into florets
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach (fresh, not frozen)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp milk
- Place the cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl with about two tablespoons water. Cover the bowl tightly with microwave safe plastic wrap and cook for two minutes. Stir then cook for another two minutes until florets are just tender. Drain water and set aside. Alternately, you could steam the cauliflower over the stove.
- Drizzle the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for about a minute, then add the spinach and continue sauteing until the spinach just begins to wilt. Remove pan from heat and transfer garlic and spinach to a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Add the steamed cauliflower to the food processor, along with the salt, butter and milk. Process until smooth and season to taste.