- 2 lbs. of Alligator meat cut into strips or bite size pieces
- Tabasco or other Louisiana Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup of Flour
- 1 cup of Cornmeal
- Oil for Frying (Peanut or Canola)
- Cajun Seasoning
- Marinate the meat in enough Tabasco to coat all of the alligator meat
- Set it in the refrigerator for a couple of hour, then add enough water to cover
- Let sit in the refrigerator overnight. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Mix the flour and cornmeal.
- Roll the alligator meat in the flour/cornmeal mixture and place in the hot oil.
- Turn once, to brown other side, remove and season immediately.