- 1/2 cup pure oil or extra virgin olive oil from Liguria
- 1/2 cup Italian pine nuts
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 3 cups Genovese basil
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup Pecorino cheese
- Put oil, garlic, and pine nuts in a blender. Process until the mixture becomes a white cream.
- Wash the basil and pat dry. Leave some water droplets clinging to leaves. Add to the mixture in the blender. Add the salt.
- Pulse the mixture until the basil is worked inside the white cream.
- Speed up the blender until the white cream turns light green. Do not let the blender get too hot or the cheese will melt when added.
- Add both cheeses and pulse until the cheese is fully incorporated inside the light green mixture.
Best with fresh pasta. Great for bread dipping. Can be used in rice or on pizzas.
Water or a nice white wine from the Ligurian or Piedmont region of Italy (Pigato, Lumissina, or Gavi).