Georgia Pecan Crusted Breast of Chicken
The combination of Georgia pecans and the panko (Japanese bread crumbs) ensures this chicken will be tasty and moist. This is the wonderfully, easy dish that has a prep-to-table time in a total of 30 minutes.
- 4 each boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup panko
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chives finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. In a mixing bowl mix panko and pecans.
- Melt butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat.
- Remove skillet from the heat, brush some melted butter onto the chicken breasts, then coat the breast with the panko-pecan mixture, Place the skillet back over medium heat and add the chicken sautéing until brown on each side. Transfer chicken onto a greased baking sheet, place in oven until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Garnish with chopped chives.