Ginger and Lemongrass Chicken
- 10 ounces Chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 tbs. Sugar
- 2 ½ tbs. Fish Sauce
- 1 tbs. ginger (julienne)
- 1 tbs. ground lemongrass
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Pinch each of salt and black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried ground red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon caramel
- Heat the oil in a pot, then add the garlic and strips of chicken. Stir around for one minute, and add the lemongrass and ginger.
- Once the chicken looks done, add the salt, sugar, fish sauce, dried red pepper (optional), and caramel.
- Stir for one minute, turn down the heat to a low setting, cover the pot with a lid, and let simmer for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Top with black pepper, and enjoy with a side of steamed rice.