- 1 piece (3 inches long) fresh ginger peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cups fresh ruby-red grapefruit juice (from 4 to 5 medium grapefruits)
- ice cubes for serving
- 1 can (12 ounces) club soda
- In a small saucepan, combine ginger, sugar, honey and ¼ cup water. Heat over medium, stirring until sugar dissolves, 2 minutes
- Place grapefruit juice in a pitcher. Strain ginger syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into grapefruit juice. To serve, pour juice mixture over ice, and top off with a splash of club soda.