- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb. sugar snaps strings removed
- 1 piece fresh ginger (1 inch long) peeled and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add sugar snaps and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, until snaps begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup water; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring and scraping up ginger from bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon, until snaps are crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Tips/TechniquesNote: To Remove the string, grab the stem end with your thumb and index finger and pull down.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 85 calories; 3.5 grams fat; 2.7 grams protein; 9.6 grams carbohydrates; 2.7 gram fiber