Gnocchi with Fresh Arugula-Walnut Pesto
The boldness of arugula adds a distinct and delicious flavor to this gnocchi with pesto recipe. Food blogger Jenna Weber of Eat, Live, Run shares this recipe in full post at the Fresh Tastes Blog.
- 1 package whole wheat or regular gnocchi, about 3 cups (OR make your own!)
- 4 cups baby arugula, packed
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine the arugula, garlic, walnuts and cheese. Process until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and continue processing until you have a smooth, bright green pesto. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling salted water until they float (this will only take about four minutes---watch them!). Drain and then place back into the pot. Add ½ cup of the pesto and toss to coat.
- Serve bowls of gnocchi with additional parmesan cheese on top.