Cook time: 25 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 cups gooseberries (fresh, frozen or canned can be used)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pastry for double-crust pie (or already refrigerated pie crust)
- Stem and wash gooseberries. Put in large mixing bowl. Combine sugar, flour and salt in a smaller mixing bowl.
- Add sugar mixture to berries, then toss gently to coat the fruit.
- Fill a pastry-lined nine-inch pie plate with the gooseberry mixture; dot with butter. Adjust top crust. Seal and flute the edge with a fork. Make four slits in top of crust. Cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition InfoEach serving provides 290 calories, 12 grams fat, 2.5 grams saturated fat, 210 mg sodium, 45 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams fiber